DRAW A BATH LIMITED
Terms and Conditions of Sale (Website)
version applicable from [16th December 2021]
- These Terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- Changes to these terms. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time but the version in force on the date you place your order will apply to the contract between us unless you and we agree in writing to vary them.
- Information About Us and How to Contact Us
- Who we are. We are DRAW A BATH LIMITED a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11281024 and our registered office is at 1 Pye Road, Heswall, Wirral, Merseyside CH60 0DB. Our registered VAT number is 295053490.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 (0)151 459 6777 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Draw a Bath, Unit 8 The Gateway, Off Rankin Way, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3NX.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our Contract With You
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the products ordered. This might be because a product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of a product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of a product. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 2% tolerance.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Your Rights to Make Changes
If you wish to make a change to a product you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see condition 8- Your rights to end the contract).
- Changes to the products
- Minor changes to products. Manufacturers may make minor changes to their products (which should not affect your use of the product) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and/or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
- More significant changes to products. If a manufacturer proposes to make a more significant change to a product we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Providing Products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide products. Estimated lead times for products are displayed on our website and, following acceptance of your order, we will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will usually be within the lead times displayed on our website.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of a product is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time when our premises are open as indicated on our website.
- If you are not at home when a product is delivered. Please ensure that someone is available on the agreed date of delivery as if we are unable to deliver the products a re-delivery fee may apply.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and condition 10.2 will apply.
- When you become responsible for a product. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from our premises.
- When you own a product. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply a product to you. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the product on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and condition 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying an order late or not supplying any part of an order this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons supply of products to you may be suspended. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see condition 6).
- Your rights if we suspend supply of a product. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of a product ordered by you, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend a product we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for a product while it is suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for a product when you are supposed to (see condition 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see condition 12.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see condition 12.5).
- Your Rights to End the Contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on whether there is anything wrong with what you have bought, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see condition 11;
- If you want to end the contract for a reason set out in this condition, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see condition 6.2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- If you have just changed your mind about a product. For most products bought online you have a legal right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 to change your mind within 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products, unless your products are split into several deliveries over different days when you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the products and receive a refund. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- products which have been ordered to your specification including as to size and/or colour;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery; or
- any products which you have installed or used.
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you do not have the right to change your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- How to End the Contract With Us (including If You Have Changed Your Mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by contacting us as set out in 2.2 above. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. Please contact us as set out in condition 2.2 for a return label and note that it is your responsibility to arrange for safe return of the products to us, we would recommend covering any return with suitable insurance and proof of sending. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, if you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- we may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount; and
- the maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which:
- you change your mind where products have not been dispatched; or
- we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see condition 9.2.
- Our Rights to End the Contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in condition 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- If There Is a Problem With the Product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us as set out in condition 2.2
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also condition 8.4.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please contact us using one of the methods set out in condition 2.2 for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Price and Payment
- Where to find the price for a product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see condition 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with debit cards (including visa debit), mastercard or visa. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of National Westminster Bank plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered By You
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at condition 11.2 and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer this Agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer a product guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer a manufacturer’s product guarantee in accordance with its terms.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) via their website at http://www.cedr.com/idrs. CEDR will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings.